january 5, 2015
40 miles until Daryl is officially in Missoula again.
january 6, 2015
Nick made me and Daryl an awesome ski coat rack for Christmas!
january 7, 2015
Our kitchen is small and there is extremely limited storage, but after almost a month in someone else’s kitchen, I’m glad to be back in mine.
january 8, 2015
january 9, 2015
Nothing beats an anniversary hot springing adventure!
january 10, 2015
Hiking into Gold Bug Hot Springs!
january 11, 2015
I’m pretty sure after a night in the car in below freezing temperatures my phone is in fact not overheated.
august 4, 2014
I finally made it!
august 5, 2014
We biked over to Old Town Pizza tonight. I’m glad we’ve become bike people.
august 6, 2014
We had an amazing dinner with Chris, Amy, and baby Henry tonight.
august 7, 2014
Weekday date nights are the best. We saw The Grand Budapest Hotel at Laurelhurst Theater then got a beer at Beulahland.
august 8, 2014
I am glad I’ve become a person who eats plates of carrots.
august 9, 2014
Daryl certainly knows the way to my heart – he bought me three new books at Powell’s, then we had burgers, beer, and friends at little big burger.
august 10, 2014
After running errands (including getting ice cream at Salt & Straw!), we went to Kelly Point Park for sunset. So, so, so beautiful.
- 1/1 – Third Annual Ride-N The New Year with Daryl, Nick, Conner, and Lori at Lost Trail
- 1/10 – 4th anniversary date at Red Bird Wine Bar
- 1/11 – Missoula got a dumping of snow, so I skied to work!
- 1/14 – First day of rehearsals for Jumping Into Fire at the University of Montana. I’m really proud of myself for putting myself out there and not shying away from the show, even though I decided not to go back to school this semester.
- 1/20 – Daryl, Nick, and I spent the day at the Darby Dog Derby supporting Aiyana. We got lots of photos and loved on the dogs.
- 1/21 – After staying the night in Darby, we were joined at Lost Trail by Liz and Tommy and spent the day skiing pow.
- 1/25 – We had a “surprise” going away party for Daryl.
- 1/27 – Daryl and I went to Great Falls for the day and spent the whole time playing with Fisher, Ike, and Elsie.
- 3/3 – Nick and I spent the day at Lost Trail, shredding the gnar.
- 3/7 – I came home from the show and found a facebook message from WAPA kids. Julie Denninghoff, one of the most important teachers at my high school, had a heart attack and died. I’m tired of people dying.
- 3/9 – Closing night of Jumping Into Fire!
- 3/15-17 – I made a whirlwind trip to Seattle for Julie’s funeral. After the service, most of the WAPA kids went to Red Robin for lunch, as per tradition. It was so wonderful to see so many faces of people I love, but I’m really over having high school reunions at funerals. On the drive back I encountered white out conditions between Wallace, ID and DeBorgia, MT (32 miles). I drove the entire way with my flashers on, barely moving. Four hours later, I got out of the storm and still had an hour and a half to go. Hands down, the scariest drive I’ve ever made.
- 3/22-23 – Two nights of Yonder Mountain String Band at the Wilma!
- 3/24 – Spent the day playing folf with Conner, Lori, and Nick.
- 3/30 – Lori and I caught a gorgeous day skiing at Lost Trail! After we got home, we played poker all night.
- 3/31 – Jessie and Adam invited everyone over for Easter lunch at their house and I brought the most beautiful peach pie. After, Nick, Erin, Conner, Lori, and I hiked around Blue Mountain and summited a peak just the sun dropped behind the ridge.
- For the first time, I can say I’m recoverED. It feels really amazing.
- 4/7 – Conner, Lori, Nick, and I went to Weir to soak in the hot springs today. It was so relaxing and wonderful.
- 5/15 – Liz moved in! Tommy left for a walkabout in California last week, so I gained a wayward hippie and a deg.
- 4/19 – Nick, Liz, and I invited Adam over for a hippie bonfire tonight. I love our house and our backyard and our friends.
- 4/21 – Nick and I went rock climbing with Conner and Lori (and Tucker!) at Rattler Gulch today. It snowed and we were freezing, but it was awesome.
- 4/24 – After work I drove to Spokane and flew to Seattle. Michelle picked me up, then she, Becky, and I went out to dinner.
- 4/25 – Before Becky had to go to work, we walked down to Pike Place and ate breakfast at Biscuit Bitch (holy moly, so much delicious food!). After wandering Seattle for a bit longer, I caught at train to Portland at the newly renovated King Street Station. Daryl picked me up and I covered him with kisses!
- 4/26 – Daryl and I hiked Silver Star Mountain and had some of the most unbelievable views of the Cascade volcanos.
- 4/27 – Blind Pilot & Oregon Symphony concert! I wanted tickets to this show when it was announced, sometime early 2012, but I didn’t dare purchase them because I figured I would be busy with school or work. I was a very happy girl when I realized I’d be able to attend with my handsome love. It was AMAZING. The orchestrations for the Blind Pilot songs were so much more amazing than I envisioned in my head. It was so beautiful and I definitely cried.
- 4/29-30 – We went to Astoria for the weekend. I love my hometown.
- 4/30 – On the drive back to Missoula from Spokane, Sue Ann rolled over 280,000 miles! I love my girl and am so happy she’s still chugging along.
- 5/1 – Woke up to a flat tire and cars covered in snow. Thankfully, Liz was able to drop me off at work on her way to school.
- 5/2 – First day at Black Cat Bake Shop! So happy to finally be working real coffee again.
- 5/9 – First river trip of the year!
- 5/11 – After Conner got off work, Nick and I joined him and some friends for some rock climbing on the Kim Williams trail.
- 5/21 – Conner, Lori, Nick, Erin, Tucker, Ozzy, and I went headed out of town for the evening to rock climb and bbq on the beach. I really love my life in Missoula (though obviously it would be better if Daryl were home).
- 5/22 – Daryl visits for a long weekend!
- 5/24 – I convinced my boss to let me borrow a pop-up tent for our bbq, so we had a Trail Head Sponsored Event. One of my really great friends from high school, Friday was in town working MissCon, so she stopped by with some friends. I love hippie-house-bbqs.
- 6/4 – Happy birthday to my sweet Daryl!
- 6/7 – A bunch of us biked downtown for First Friday. Ozzy was the the belle of the ball in his cart and there was double dutch in a parking lot. I love this town.
- 6/9 – Since I bought myself a new-to-me bike, I decided I’d start taking myself on Single Lady Bike Dates – an hour or so biking on the Kim Williams with a stop at DraughtWorks on the way home.
- 6/12 – Missoula’s summer was shaping up to be a perfect one.
- 6/18 – Officially became a Griz today!
- 6/22 – Hippie bonfire and middle of the street frisbee night.
- 6/27 – Happy birthday to me! Gorgeous birthday sun and delicious birthday beer.
- 6/29 – Daryl came to town for my birthday. He, Liz, and I went to Frenchtown Pond to enjoy the hot weather and cool water.
- 7/7 – I can’t believe it’s been two years since Ari died.
- 7/19 – Driving to Spokane for a flight during fire season means lots and lots of smoke.
- 7/19-24 – I spent a long weekend at home with my forever love. Gorgeous weather, some hiking, and time with my parents.
- 8/4 – Cave shwag has started to arrive!
- 8/7 – Daryl and Brian both arrived in Missoula and the Scapegoat prep officially started. Most importantly, there was Vortex, OPA, and 3-Way IPA to drink!
- 8/8 – My singular goal for the summer was to burn through the bottom of the fire pit. We finally achieved it!
- 8/9 – Daryl, Brian, and I caravanned to Benchmark. Scapegoat ’13 official began!
- 8/10 – Brian took off before Daryl and I so he could meet the packers and mules at camp. Daryl and I make the 12 mile hike in about 6 hours.
- 8/11 – We spent the day hiking around the plateau, then I did the most bad-ass thing I’ve ever done and rappelled down a 200′ rock face.
- 8/12 – My first day in Green Fork Falls Cave! Also, I spotted a cute little black bear near the entrance.
- 8/13 – Camp day!
- 8/14 – Cave ‘sploring day
- 8/15 – Cave mapping (which makes me officially part of the Scapegoat Cave System history!)
- 8/16 – Spent the day on the Plateau again (after climbing UP the 200′ of rope!), searching for caves. A pit Daryl found four years ago proved to be a legit cave, so we mapped it and got some photos!
- 8/17 – Camp day. Daryl built a raft and floated on the tarn for a hot second before it sank.
- 8/18 – River Gallery day in the cave! We (wet) suited up and swam through the freezing water. I never in my life envisioned I’d do something like that!
- 8/19 – We visited One More Day cave and discovered that I am physically too short to get into the cave without rope, so I hung out while the boys went caving for a bit. In the evening, Daryl and I hiked out to the Green Fork Cabin.
- 8/20 – I hiked out 10 miles from the cabin to my car. The longest solo hike I’ve ever done! I was so excited when I got to our hidden beer! The drive back to Missoula was uneventful, but the Lolo Peak fire made the drive super smokey. I took myself to DraughtWorks before stopping by the house and found Liz and Jessie there!
- 8/23 – Tommy and Debo got back from California! The Wayward Hippie House gained a true long-haired, unemployed hippie and another dog.
- 8/26 – First day of school! I am so proud of myself for going back, especially after a seven year break from being a dance major.
- 9/7 – Daryl came home for the weekend and we went on a fancy date to The Pearl. I’m so happy when his cute face is home.
- 9/22-23 – Hana, one of the people I met during Jumping Into Fire, asked me if I wanted to participate in the 23 1/2 Hour Play Festival at school. I was so excited to be asked, and at the idea of doing stuff with theatre majors, that I jumped on it. It was so much fun! I drank a lot of coffee and met some new friends.
- 9/29 – First Swan Lake rehearsal! I am so excited we’re doing Act II next semester!
- 10/5 – Tommy, Liz, and I went to Bart and Nicole’s for a bbq tonight. We got to meet their new baby!
- 10/12-13 – Dancer’s On Location! My first show as a student and my first show with the dance department.
- 10/18-20 – I flew from Spokane to Portland for a weekend visit. Daryl surprised me with the most beautiful bike in the whole wide world, a near-mint condition August 1979 Schwinn Suburban (I’ve named her Lady). We spent Saturday on a brewery bike tour in the beautiful weather.
- 10/21 – The cast list went up for Swan Lake and I’m a Little Swan!
- 10/24-26 – My parents came to Missoula! They spent two weeks on a long road trip for their 30th Anniversary trip and Missoula happened to fit perfectly into their plans. It was so wonderful to show off my new home to them, as well as show off the campus. It was gorgeous the entire time they were in town, for which I am very happy. I love them so much.
- 10/26 – Daryl came to town just as my parents were leaving. We changed Sue Ann’s breaks!
- 10/28 – The ten year anniversary of Kiana dying. Seems like a lifetime ago.
[photo credit: Nathan Snow]
- 11/10 – Taking two dance classes a day and eating healthier definitely has its perks: fitting into a pair of Express jeans that have just hung in my closet for the past several years!
- 11/13-17 – Mike had a few days off of work, so he came to visit. I love when he’s in town!
- 11/15-18 – Daryl came to visit for the weekend. I’m so happy he was able to visit while Mike was here!
- 11/15-16 – Fall Studio Works! So many friends came to the show: Daryl, Nick, Erin, Liz, Tommy, and Mike!
- 11/23 – Clare and Sydoney performed in a cabaret at Missoula Winery tonight, so Brooke, Arina, Emily, and I went out to support them. After, we sang karaoke at their house. Life is very good here in Missoula.
- 11/27 – Liz, Aspen, and I drove up to Polson for the first night of Hannukah. When we got to Liz’s parents house, Patsy insisted on taking Aspen to the vet for her limp. We found out Aspen had bone cancer. It was a rough night.
- 11/28 – I drove back to Missoula and found a Daryl in the living room! We went to Friendsgiving at Nick, Conner, and Lori’s house and ate way too much food and pie.
- 11/29 – I finally treated Sue Ann to some new tires. And, I paid for them outright, no credit card. I’m oddly proud of myself for that.
- 12/3-7 – Dance Up Close! I’m really proud of the two pieces I was in and am so happy so many friends came to the shows.
- 12/5 – First portfolio review for my Design Tech major. I went in feeling a bit unprepared, since it was my first review, but it was not on that “counts” (this year they had all Freshman and Transfer students do a review at the end of first semester to help us prepare for the end of the year review, which is how we “interview” for the BFA program. Despite the fact that I cried twice (I’m super emotional when I talk about coming back to school and how perfect UM is for me), I feel really good about it. I think I made a good impression with what little I have in my portfolio and I know I impressed them by how put together my resume is (which is great, considering I told them I feel like I need a lot of help with it).
- 12/6 – Liz and Tommy took Aspen up to Polson today to put her down. Rest in peace, my favorite beer drinking Labrador.
- 12/11 – Should (Not) performance! I’ve been working with a group of 11 other dancers and actors all semester on a piece facilitated by one of the MFA Acting candidates, Clare. I’ve learned so much about myself during the process, it was really nice to finally show it to people.
- 12/12 – Cast party/end of finals party at Clare’s house. We were all there until 2am, singing and crying and laughing. I love my group of friends at school.
- 12/14 – After trying and failing at finding friends to ski with, I decided on a solo trip to Lost Trail. I was rewarded with great snow and I found friends in the lodge!
- 12/16 – Having friends at school who are from Portland means I don’t have to drive home for break alone! Arina and I had great weather the entire drive, though Sue Ann got terrible gas milage (she needs a tune-up).
- 12/20 – After checking obsessively for the past week, grades were finally posted. 3.95 gpa! I am so proud of myself!!
- 12/21-22 – For Christmas, Daryl and I treated my parents to a night at the Edgefield and tickets to OBT’s Nutcracker (which Daryl had never seen before!). It was such a wonderful weekend with my family.
- 12/23 – I braved downtown Portland and spent several hours in Powell’s. I stayed within my budget and still bought a bag full of books!
- 12/24 – We’ve been on a “buy $50 or less Chicago made Schwinn bikes” kick recently and today we bought a February 1974 green Schwinn Suburban for $20. I can’t wait to fix it up – we’ve decided since it’s in less good condition than Lady, it’ll be my inclement weather bike.
- 12/25 – Christmas at my parent’s house! Highlights include a double-point needle set for my Mama from my Dad, knitted items for myself and Daryl from my Mama, and I got a gorgeous Cinema Display from Daryl (I’ve been wanting one for several years now!). The weather was amazing, so Daryl and I went to the beach for a couple hours and took photos.
- 12/26 – While driving back to Portland, Daryl and I came upon a roll over accident. Daryl saved the day and got a woman out of the truck.
- 12/28-29 – We camped at the Mt. Hood Sno-Park with hopes of skiing on Sunday. However, when we woke up, it was almost 40° – we’re both over skiing in terrible conditions, so we ended up just reading and napping in the truck. Highlights of the day include seeing a guy get his Tahoe semi-stuck in approximately 1/2 inch of snow/ice and then proceed to not put it back into gear after parking so we watched it roll out of the parking lot, into the trees. Later we drove up to Timberline in time for sunset.
- 12/31 – Daryl and I went up to Mt. St. Helens after Daryl got off work for our Fourth Annual Ride-N The New Year. As with skiing the previous weekend, it was a bust. We did make plans to come back next weekend to summit.
2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009
december 23, 2013
december 24, 2013
A perfect breakfast.
december 25, 2013
Merry Christmas from Daryl and Katt!
december 26, 2013
Daryl and I drove back to Portland this morning from Astoria. We turned a corner on hwy 26 and saw some cars pulled over, then noticed this flipped truck. We of course stopped and Daryl saved the day by helping a woman who was trapped get out. Since my Daddy was a paramedic and a corpsman in the Coast Guard for most of my life, and therefore was always stopping for wrecks, I’m very thankful Daryl was also a paramedic and always stopping for wrecks.
december 27, 2013
After wandering Alberta for a bit, I decided to treat myself to a decadent waffle. So yummy!
december 28, 2013
I love this plant-sculpture! Succulents in pipes!
december 29, 2013
Sunset from the Timberline parking lot on Mt. Hood.
december 16, 2013
The sunset was really beautiful on the drive from Missoula to Portland today.
december 17, 2013
My favorite kind of lunch.
december 18, 2013
I looked out the window and every single one of these birds flew in and landed at the exact same time.
december 19, 2013
Proud of myself for working out this morning.
december 20, 2013
GRADES WERE POSTED!! I got straight As! 3.95 is my highest gpa, ever!
december 21, 2013
Amazing breakfast (as usual) at Grain & Gristle this morning. Sage apple sausage, two eggs over easy, biscuit and gravy, and potato terrain (not shown).
december 22, 2013
My parents, Daryl, and I went to Oregon Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker this afternoon. Daryl had never seen The Nutcracker before!
november 11, 2013
Low clouds in Missoula this morning.
november 12, 2013
Dance department sweatshirts came in today!
november 13, 2013
Handmade lampshade for Angels in America, opening November 19 at the University of Montana.
november 14, 2013
Jackie and Emily looking pretty during dress rehearsal of Fall Studio Works tonight.
november 15, 2013
Popsicle sticks have to come from somewhere, right?
november 16, 2013
Fall Studio Works ’13: “Castle Wingding” choreographed by Hanna and Kathleen, photo by William Munoz.
november 17, 2013
Breakfast for two at Burn Street Bistro this morning.
september 2, 2013
I bought colored nail polish for the first time in over ten years today.
september 3, 2013
Debo definitely tried to make out with me today.
september 4, 2013
I have dubbed this speaker the Dead Dog Shrine. Miss you both, Teewinot and Buddy.
september 5, 2013
One of my oldest friends in the entire world just made Daryl and I this. I adore it!
september 6, 2013
I love when his cute face is home.
september 7, 2013
We are the absolute worst at getting photos of both of us on date nights. But! Fancy Date Night selfie, hahahaha.
september 8, 2013
I finally made it to Burn St Bistro for brunch! First course, biscuit sandwich with candied bacon, cheddar, and a fried egg. Second course, local apple and pear French toast bake with cream cheese and real maple syrup. SO GOOD.