january 1, 2016
The Greaser-McDaniel Clan takes to the beach!
january 2, 2016
So very glad the Greaser-McDaniel clan was able to get together again this New Year. I’m so thankful for this family I have joined.
january 3, 2016
Portland and Missoula are not that different.
- 1/1 – 5th Annual Ski-N The New Year at Mt. St. Helens
- 1/3 – The Greaser-McDaniel Clan got together for the very first time since all the kids were born. We spent the afternoon at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, then ate pizza and camped out at Daryl’s house. I’m so thankful for my family.
- 1/9-10 – 6th anniversary trip to Sharkey and Gold Bug hot springs
- 1/10 – Daryl asks me to be his wife!
- 1/11 – Ski Lost Trail with Daryl and Nick
- 1/15 – Guest Artist rehearsals with Stevie Teran
- 1/19 – MLK Jr day ski at Lost Trail
- 1/26 – First day of spring semester
[photo by William Muñoz]
- 2/6-7 – ACDA Benefit Concert. Perform “You Can’t Even Imagine How Many Toes I’ve Touched” and “Paradise”.
[photo by William Muñoz]
- 3/1 – I picked my phone up after putting lotion on and it went flying out of my hand. The screen was completely smashed. Marley tape to the rescue!
- 3/3-7 – Dance New Works. Choreograph “Sassafrass”, perform “Impending Disturbance: Unpredictable Predictability” and “Vibe”.
- 3/4 – Cat sit Pooka and Katniss while Clare sees Neil DeGrasse Tyson. So jealous, but at least I got kitty snuggles.
- 3/16-22 – American College Dance Festival Northwest Regional Conference at the University of Northern Colorado
- 3/16 – Karen drives my car with Emily, Arina, and Jessie while Heidi drives the quarantine-mobile to Casper, WY. Jasmine and I sleep most of the way.
- 3/17 – Drive to Fort Collins, CO. Emily, Arina, Jessie, and I explore campus before the opening concert.
- 3/18 – Perform “Paradise”
- 3/20 – Emily, Haley, Charlie and I take an amazing ballet class with Marsha Knight. Ellie and Emily perform “Where We Left It” in Gala concert.
- 3/21 – I drive Emily, Arina, and Jessie to Billings
- 3/22 – Drive us home to Missoula
- 3/30-4/3 – Spring Break
- 3/30 – First day of Spring Break day date with my love
[photo by William Muñoz]
- 4/4 – Skiesta at Lost Trail with Daryl and Mike
- 4/5 – Start planting in the garden
- 4/9-10 – Informal Concert
- 4/16 – Disc golf at Blue Mountain with Daryl and Mike
- 4/22-25 – Dance In Concert. I designed lights for “Petipa Variations” and “Secondarily: Intersect”, run the fly rail for “Secondarily: Intersect”, and danced in “Paradise.”
- 4/24-26 – My parents come to visit!
- 4/30 – Daryl built us an amazing bike shed in the back yard
- 5/3 – Auditions for A Chorus Line
- 5/9 – Cookie baking date with Sydoney
- 5/10 – Theatre & Dance picnic. I got $2000 in scholarships!
- 5/15 – We Carry The Ocean Inside Us, Emily’s senior show at DDC
- 5/16 – Graduation party at Emily, Arina, and HanaSara’s. Six of my favorite ladies graduated and I of course cried.
- 5/17 – Designed lights for the Ballet Arts Academy recital
- 5/18-19 – Rhythmic Motion, Arina’s senior show at Headwaters
- 5/19 – Jackie visits!
- 5/23-25 – Memorial Weekend Ski at Shmerker’s Folly
- 5/29-6/2 – Papoose caving trip with Daryl and Brian
- 5/30 – Cave hunting and morel finding
- 6/1 – Caving
- 6/4 – My forever love’s birthday!
- 6/12 – Drive from Missoula to Sprague, WA
- 6/13 – Drive to Portland
- 6/14 – Daryl and I take the waterfall tour through the Gorge
- 6/15 – We spend the evening at Kelley Point Park
- 6/16 – I go on an 8-mile hike at Multnomah Falls with Amy and Henry
- 6/17-22 – Eugene
- 6/17 – Daryl and I drive to Eugene
- 6/18 – Daryl, Kevin, Niki, Sawyer, Landon, and I spend the day at a lake. That night, I meet up with a long-time internet friend, Monica.
- 6/19 – Daryl, Kevin, Niki, and I go on a bike double date
- 6/22 – Daryl and I drive to Mt. Hood
- 6/23 – We ski to Cooper Spur on Mt. Hood
- 6/26 – I drive to Astoria for the day. My favorite silly small town. Liz drives from Medford to Portland for the weekend.
- 6/27 – My 28th birthday! Breakfast at Grain & Gristle, wedding dress shopping, then a bbq at Kelley Point Park.
- 6/28 – Daryl, Liz, and I continue birthday celebrations with a brunch fit for royalty at Tasty N Sons. Liz heads back to Medford and Daryl and I drive to Kennewick.
- 6/29 – Daryl and I drive to Missoula. Saville and the kids are in town, so the house is full of family.
[photo by digabyte.com]
- 7/2-5 – 4th of July at Kreis Pond with Daryl, Mike, Saville, Fisher, Ike, Elsie, Simon, Max, Nick, Rita, Ozzy, Jessie, Adam, Kaia, Erin, and Rob
- 7/6 – Finally get my phone screen fixed
- 7/16 – Drive to Wyoming. First solo camping night!
- 7/17 – Drive to Boulder, CO
- 7/18-8/2 – Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- 7/19 – Less than two weeks after getting it fixed, I smash my phone screen again
- 7/25 – Spend the afternoon being both my majors at tech
- 7/31 – BJDW Student Concert
- 8/2 – Sue Ann rolls over 300,000 miles! Drive from Boulder to Dinosaur National Monument.
- 8/3 – On my way through Salt Lake City, I stop by and meet Stacy. We’ve been online friends for 12+ years and I’m so happy we got to spend a couple hours together. I drive to Pocatello and camp on a mountain.
- 8/9 – Daryl and I meet Brian at Benchmark
- 8/10-22 – Scapegoat 2015: Little Nibblers Edition
- 8/10 – Hike to the tarn and camp
- 8/11 – Move to cave camp
- 8/13 – Follow leads
- 8/15 – Make the very first thru trip – in Green Fork Falls Cave and out Kathy’s Icebox!
- 8/19 – Spend the day hiking around the Plateau
- 8/20 – We were gifted a bottle of Crown Royal from a packer we met the previous week. We drink it with some of Kathy’s Ice.
- 8/21 – Hike out to the cabin and camp
- 8/22 – Hike out and head back to Missoula
- 8/28 – Modern placement class. Date night! Cafe Dolce and Big Dipper Ice Cream.
- 8/31 – First day of Junior year
- 9/26 – The cast of A Chorus Line and Treasure Island danced and pirated our way through the Homecoming parade today. We won the Governor’s Award!
- I made a lot of soup
[photo by Terry Cyr]
- 10/3 – Headwater’s Last Hurrah. I’m so thankful I was able to see this show. Amy changed dance in Missoula and is such an important person in our lineage as dancers here. It was beautiful to see the support she received for her final concert.
- 10/11 – Skype date with Emily, Arina, and Jessie!
- 10/21-31 – A Chorus Line
- 10/23-25 – My parents and Grandma visit
- 11/5 – First snow of the season
- 11/14 – 11 1/2 hour focus for Treasure Island. I ended the day with a heart full of love for what I do.
- 11/20 – Fall Studio Works. Perform “Origins Of A Dance” and help backstage.
- 11/21 – HanaSara’s going away party at Clare’s. I love her dearly and wish Tokyo weren’t so very far away.
- 11/25-29 – Thanksgiving Break
- 11/26 – Thanksgiving. I made three pies for myself, Daryl, and Mike. They were delicious.
- 11/28 – Griz playoff game with Daryl, Mike, and Liz. We won! Go Griz!
- 12/4-12 – Dance Up Close. I was costume run crew for the first half, performed “her life had been”, then switched back to run crew mode until after midnight when laundry was done.
- 12/18 – Last day of the semester. Daryl drives to town!
- 12/19 – Ski at Lookout with Daryl and Liz. Beautiful, great first day of the skison!
- 12/20 – Ski at Lost Trail with Daryl, Mike, and Liz. Pow pow!
- 12/21 – Daryl and I head toward Portland from Missoula. We got stopped at the pass before we left Montana and sat for three hours waiting on a wreck. Between Ritzville and Kennewick the Outback started acting up. We stop driving at 5:30am.
- 12/22 – Limp the Outback from Kennewick to Portland. It took us 27 hours to make an 8 hour drive.
- 12/25 – We spend Christmas evening in Astoria with my parents. I love my family.
- 12/26 – For Fisher’s 11th birthday, Mike, Daryl, and I took him snow camping for the first time!
- 12/27 – After a great snow kitchen breakfast, we build a sweet snow cave. I haven’t seen a kid as excited as him for such a long time.
- 12/30 – We went to happy hour with some friends from D’s work, played trivia, and ate tacos
- 12/31 – New Years Eve date night! Dinner at Zeus’s Cafe then Blind Pilot at the Crystal Ballroom!
2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009
june 29, 2015
I GOT A BULLS EYE!
june 30, 2015
Our best Goodwill find.
july 1, 2015
Daryl and I watched Elsie figure out how to ride a two-wheeler and it was the best.
july 2, 2015
The hammock was definitely a hit a camp.
july 3, 2015
I’m so happy so many friends came to the 4th of July! On top of D and I there was Mike, Saville, and the kids, Simon and Max, Nick and his Mom, Jessie, Adam, and Kaia, Rob, and Erin.
july 4, 2015
The best camp guard deg, Sir Ozzles.
july 5, 2015
This morning I was woken up by these two and two more of their equestrian friends in the woods next to our tent.
june 15, 2015
Sunset at Kelly Point Park.
june 16, 2015
Today Amy and I went on an eight mile hike with Henry. So cute!
june 17, 2015
Wild Pear in Salem, OR. I wanted to take a bath in the coconut curry squash soup.
june 18, 2015
We spent the day at the lake and it was so perfect.
june 19, 2015
june 20, 2015
Checking out the newest beer garden in Eugene.
june 21, 2015
Put a baby in my arms and I won’t stop smiling.
april 20, 2015
I’m on the news clippings board for the first time!
april 21, 2015
I love these ladies so very much.
april 22, 2015
Happy Earth Day!
april 23, 2015
This is Paradise
[photo by William Munoz]
april 24, 2015
Doing my double major thing,
[photo by William Munoz]
april 25, 2015
I’m so happy my parents came to town for Concert. We hiked the M trail, then took a quintessential Griz family photo.
april 26, 2015
Super extra productive rehearsal today.
- 1/1 – 4th Annual Ski-N The New Year at Mt. St. Helens FAIL
- 1/3 – Fancy date at El Gaucho
- 1/5 – Backcountry ski trip to Mt. St. Helens with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw. Terrible snow, beautiful sunset.
- 1/10 – Five Year Anniversary ❤
- 1/12 – Drive from Portland to Seattle and stay night with Becky
- 1/18 – Gold Bug Hot Springs with Daryl and Nick
- 1/19 – Ski at Lost Trail with Daryl and Nick
- 1/20 – Drive to Great Falls to pick up Mike. Spend the evening coloring and putting together puzzles with Elsie.
- 1/27 – First day of Spring semester
- 2/1 – Ski at Snowbowl with Nick
- 2/2 – SEAHAWKS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!
- 2/6 – -17*. Campus was shut down not because of the cold, but because there was an armed robber on campus. Brrrr.
- 2/7 – Ran lights for Montana State Thespian Festival cuttings
- 2/8 – Bought my beloved Frye boots
- 2/17 – Ski at Lost Trail
- 2/22 – Poker night
- 2/28 – School canceled due to snow/cold. Liz and I ski to DraughtWorks for free beer!
- 3/1 – Daryl visits
- 3/2 – Backcountry ski trip to University Mountain with Daryl, Mike, and Nick. Go straight to Swan Lake rehearsal in ski boots.
- 3/6 – We got our Swan Lake tutus!
- 3/19-22 – Dance In Concert. Open show with Swan Lake, continue show as ASM backstage.
- 3/22 – Daryl and Chadler visit. Fly down the Bitterroot.
- 3/24 – Was awarded a 50% scholarship to Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- 3/26 – Was awarded a $1750 scholarship!
- 3/28-4/1 – Cat sitting Pooka and Katniss for Clare
- 4/2-5 – Northwest Regional Conference of the American College Dance Festival at University of Montana
- 4/11 – Friend-date with Cody, Chris, Emily, Arina, Jackie, and Brooke at Caio Mambo
- 4/19 – Daryl and Chadler visit
- 4/20 – Hike up Kootenai Creek with Daryl and Chadler
- 4/21 – Officially a BFA Dance Major!
- 4/25-26 – Informal Concert: Clothe The Dancers
- 4/26 – 1920s Party at Alan’s house
- 5/5 – Upgrade to iPhone5c, Cinco de Franklin
- 5/6-10 – Dance New Works
- 5/7 – Was given a production assignment for Fall 2014: assistant stage manager for Cyrano de Bergerac
- 5/11 – Theatre & Dance Picinic. Was awarded a Paper Plate Award for Most Productive In A Tutu.
- 5/12 – National Bison Range with Mama, Daddy, and Grandma
- 5/14 – Blank Paper performance
- 5/16 – Jackie’s senior show
- 5/17 – Commencement. Work backstage, then change lights over to Ballet Arts Academy recital.
- 5/18 – Ballet Arts Academy recital
- 5/23 – Liz, Tommy, and Debo move to Oregon
- 5/24-25 – Backcountry ski trip to Carlton Ridge with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw
- 5/26 – Jessie and Adam have baby Kaia!
- 5/27 – First day of summer work study
- 5/31 – Fly to Portland. Disc golf with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw. Spend night with Megan and Chadler.
- 6/1 – Disc golf with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw
- 6/2 – Come down with a 24-hour flu bug
- 6/3 – Fly to Missoula
- 6/6 – Hike up to top of Mt. Sentinel and watch para- and hang-gliders taking off
- 6/7 – Went to the Saturday Markets with Sydoney, then play with silks
- 6/11-17 – East Coast vacation!
- 6/12 – Emily and I head into the City. Wander Governor’s Island for a bit, then found ballet in the park after dessert-lunch at Max Brenner.
- 6/13 – Emily drops me off at Gabi and Bryan’s house. We drive to Delaware. Gab and I stay night at Lindsay’s Mom’s and stay up talking until 4am.
- 6/14 – Josh and Lindsay’s wedding!
- 6/15 – Run lights for Kathryn Barnett School Of Dance recital
- 6/16 – Gab and I go to Sea Bright Beach for the day
- 6/17 – Fly back to Missoula
- 6/20 – Drive to Portland
- 6/22 – Backcountry ski trip to Mt. Hood with Daryl. Ski from just below crater all the way back to Sue Ann.
- 6/23 – Drive to Missoula
- 6/27 – 27th Birthday! Disc golf with Nick, Conner, Lori, Mike, Ike, Fisher, Ozzy, and Tucker.
- 7/3-5 – Kreis Pond with Daryl, Nick, Mike, Saville, Fisher, Ike, and Elsie
- 7/10 – Drive to Portland
- 7/12 – Visit Aunt Karen and Uncle Larry in Roseburg with Daryl, Mama, and Daddy
- 7/13 – Daryl and I lackadaisically drive back to Portland with a stop at McMenamins Hotel Oregon in McMinnville
- 7/15 – Daryl rents a Cessna and flies me home to Missoula!
- 7/18 – Fly to Boulder
- 7/19-8/1 – Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- 7/27 – Tech rehearsal for the workshop shows. 3 hours of dance and 3 hours focusing lights!
- 8/1 – Workshop show
- 8/2 – Wander downtown Boulder during the afternoon before the Interweave Dance Theatre show
- 8/4 – Fly to Portland
- 8/6 – Christopher and Amy having Daryl and I over for dinner. Yum!
- 8/7 – Weekday date night at Laurelhurst Theater to see The Grand Budapest Hotel
- 8/10 – Kelly Point Park at sunset with Daryl
- 8/11 – I got to spend the day babysitting Henry. I love babies!
- 8/15 – Camp at Hidden Lake for festivities
- 8/16 – Christopher and Amy’s wedding!
- 8/18 – Kelly Point Park at sunset with Daryl
- 8/19 – Head to Astoria for the day
- 8/21 – Had lunch with Spencer and Tania at Lompoc. I miss those guys!
- 8/22 – Beers with Spencer, Tania, Daryl, and Sasha at Lompoc
- 8/23 – River City Roots Fest with Daryl and Nick
- 8/25 – First day of Fall semester
- 8/31 – DraughtWorks with Jessie, Adam, and baby Kaia
- Spent 6 of 7 days on campus
- I made a lot of soup
- On campus 30 of 30 days
- 10/7-18 – Cyrano de Bergerac
- 10/8 – Sue Ann rolls over 290,000 miles!
- 10/18 – Closing night!
- On campus 31 of 31 days
- 11/1 – Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Wilma with Clare and Kelly
- 11/4-8 – Dance Up Close
- 11/4 – Grotto Pub Night at Bayern
- 11/8 – Dinner with Emily, Emily’s Mom and Aunts, Arina, and Jackie
- 11/21-22 – Fall Studio Works
- 11/27 – Friendsgiving!
- 11/29 – Griz game with Daryl, Mike, and Nick. We won!
- On campus 25 of 30 days
- 12/5 – U/RTA Table – not the best in the room, but also not the worst!
- 12/10 – Clare’s Christmas Party!
- 12/13 – Mysterious White Out Party with Clare at the Top Hat
- 12/14 – Fly to Portland
- 12/16 – Weekday date night at the Roxy to see Wild
- 12/19 – Daryl’s last day of work!
- 12/20 – Dinner at Christopher and Amy’s new house
- 12/23 – Brunch at Tasty & Son’s. Drive to Astoria and get drinks with Tammy at Fort George.
- 12/24 – Go to beach with Daryl and see the highest tide ever
- 12/25 – Christmas at my parent’s. Daryl and I head to the beach, then we all see Unbroken.
- 12/26 – Go to the new brewery in Astoria, Buoy Brewing
- 12/29 – Ski at Meadows with Daryl
- 12/31 – 5th Annual Ski-N The New Year at Mt. St. Helens with Daryl
- On campus 9 of 12 days. 101 of 110 for the entire semester.
2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009
january 1, 2015
There is no one else with whom I’d rather spend my New Years Day.
january 2, 2015
So happy to see all my niece and nephews this weekend!
january 3, 2015
The entire Greaser-McDaniel Clan! I love this family.
january 4, 2015
I am a master packer.