august 10, 2015
A gorgeous, but hot, day to hike into Green Fork.
august 11, 2015
Wilderness kitchen with a view that can’t be beat.
august 12, 2015
august 13, 2015
august 14, 2015
august 15, 2015
august 16, 2015
Beware the Ginger Squatch!
august 3, 2015
I got to stop in and visit with Stacy and D today on my way through town. Stacy and I have known each other via the internet for 12+ years and this is our first time “meeting”!
august 4, 2015
The best view in the morning.
august 5, 2015
august 6, 2015
august 7, 2015
I came home from Boulder to my 300+k medallion in the mail, so Sue Ann got some new bling.
august 8, 2015
Packing for a wilderness caving expedition: I’m doing it right.
august 9, 2015
july 13, 2015
So many brand new pairs of pointe shoes that I’ll probably never wear…
july 14, 2015
I had a $10 gift certificate to the Trail Head that I needed to use before I left. New socks for me!
july 15, 2015
Getting Sue Ann ready for our road trip!
july 16, 2015
Wyoming can be kind of pretty.
july 17, 2015
My first solo camping night is in the books!
july 18, 2015
I had planned on hiking a lot longer, but thunder, lighting, and pouring down rain had other plans.
july 19, 2015
Relaxing before the start of the workshop tomorrow.
june 29, 2015
I GOT A BULLS EYE!
june 30, 2015
Our best Goodwill find.
july 1, 2015
Daryl and I watched Elsie figure out how to ride a two-wheeler and it was the best.
july 2, 2015
The hammock was definitely a hit a camp.
july 3, 2015
I’m so happy so many friends came to the 4th of July! On top of D and I there was Mike, Saville, and the kids, Simon and Max, Nick and his Mom, Jessie, Adam, and Kaia, Rob, and Erin.
july 4, 2015
The best camp guard deg, Sir Ozzles.
july 5, 2015
This morning I was woken up by these two and two more of their equestrian friends in the woods next to our tent.
For our anniversary this year, we decided to go on a hot springs trip. My favorite! Before we left, Daryl read about a hot springs near Salmon, ID – Sharkey Hot Springs. Since we have to drive through Salmon to get to Gold Bug, we decided to check it out. Based on information online, we were unsure we’d be able to get to the springs because of snow. We were very pleasantly surprised to find the road to plowed all the way to the parking lot! The hot springs are maintained by the BLM and there is a small day-use fee ($3). But considering that means the pools are cleaned once a week, there is a fire pit, heated changing rooms, and bathrooms, I’d say $3 is more than reasonable! My handsome love. After our soak at Sharkey’s, we hit the road to Gold Bug Hot Springs, one of my favorite place on the planet. The trail was predictably icy, so we made a few detours off the main trail as to not die. We made it to our favorite camp site about half way up to the springs and set up camp. I love that we set camp up so quickly and efficiently now. We both set up the tent, then while Daryl put the stakes in, I set up our beds inside. After getting our sleeping quarters arranged, we went off in search of wood for a fire. Just through some trees from our camp site, The Explorer hit jackpot with a super dry dead tree. We carried it in pieces back to camp and then started breaking down and sorting the branches. We had to baby the fire a bit, but no where near as bad as a fire we built on Shi-Shi Beach for a friends birthday years ago – it took 6 hours to get that one going! After we got the fire going, Daryl made dinner. Boil water, pour into Mountain House package, stir, wait 9 minutes, and voila! This was the best anniversary we’ve had. Daryl has moved home and we are in such a great place and I love him so very much. I fall more in love with him every single day. I don’t know how it’s possible, as every day my heart is completely full with love for him. And spending our anniversary hiking and soaking was so perfect. I couldn’t have asked for a better anniversary dinner. After dinner, we packed a bag to head up to the hot springs. I went to get something from my backpack and when I turned around, Daryl managed to make an already perfect day more wonderful. As soon as he asked me to marry him, I burst into tears. I couldn’t believe it was really, actually, finally happening! Everything about it was absolutely perfect. I could not have asked for a more perfect, more amazing, more us proposal. I am so thankful for Daryl. I am so thankful I get to spend the rest of my life with him. After some celebrating, we started the hike up to the hot springs and spend a wonderful three hours soaking by ourselves.
I couldn’t take the smile off my face on the drive to Lost Trail to ski the next morning.
Here’s to the last six years and to forever after. I love you, Daryl Scott Greaser. I cannot wait to be your wife.
january 5, 2015
40 miles until Daryl is officially in Missoula again.
january 6, 2015
Nick made me and Daryl an awesome ski coat rack for Christmas!
january 7, 2015
Our kitchen is small and there is extremely limited storage, but after almost a month in someone else’s kitchen, I’m glad to be back in mine.
january 8, 2015
january 9, 2015
Nothing beats an anniversary hot springing adventure!
january 10, 2015
Hiking into Gold Bug Hot Springs!
january 11, 2015
I’m pretty sure after a night in the car in below freezing temperatures my phone is in fact not overheated.
- 1/1 – 4th Annual Ski-N The New Year at Mt. St. Helens FAIL
- 1/3 – Fancy date at El Gaucho
- 1/5 – Backcountry ski trip to Mt. St. Helens with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw. Terrible snow, beautiful sunset.
- 1/10 – Five Year Anniversary ❤
- 1/12 – Drive from Portland to Seattle and stay night with Becky
- 1/18 – Gold Bug Hot Springs with Daryl and Nick
- 1/19 – Ski at Lost Trail with Daryl and Nick
- 1/20 – Drive to Great Falls to pick up Mike. Spend the evening coloring and putting together puzzles with Elsie.
- 1/27 – First day of Spring semester
- 2/1 – Ski at Snowbowl with Nick
- 2/2 – SEAHAWKS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!
- 2/6 – -17*. Campus was shut down not because of the cold, but because there was an armed robber on campus. Brrrr.
- 2/7 – Ran lights for Montana State Thespian Festival cuttings
- 2/8 – Bought my beloved Frye boots
- 2/17 – Ski at Lost Trail
- 2/22 – Poker night
- 2/28 – School canceled due to snow/cold. Liz and I ski to DraughtWorks for free beer!
- 3/1 – Daryl visits
- 3/2 – Backcountry ski trip to University Mountain with Daryl, Mike, and Nick. Go straight to Swan Lake rehearsal in ski boots.
- 3/6 – We got our Swan Lake tutus!
- 3/19-22 – Dance In Concert. Open show with Swan Lake, continue show as ASM backstage.
- 3/22 – Daryl and Chadler visit. Fly down the Bitterroot.
- 3/24 – Was awarded a 50% scholarship to Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- 3/26 – Was awarded a $1750 scholarship!
- 3/28-4/1 – Cat sitting Pooka and Katniss for Clare
- 4/2-5 – Northwest Regional Conference of the American College Dance Festival at University of Montana
- 4/11 – Friend-date with Cody, Chris, Emily, Arina, Jackie, and Brooke at Caio Mambo
- 4/19 – Daryl and Chadler visit
- 4/20 – Hike up Kootenai Creek with Daryl and Chadler
- 4/21 – Officially a BFA Dance Major!
- 4/25-26 – Informal Concert: Clothe The Dancers
- 4/26 – 1920s Party at Alan’s house
- 5/5 – Upgrade to iPhone5c, Cinco de Franklin
- 5/6-10 – Dance New Works
- 5/7 – Was given a production assignment for Fall 2014: assistant stage manager for Cyrano de Bergerac
- 5/11 – Theatre & Dance Picinic. Was awarded a Paper Plate Award for Most Productive In A Tutu.
- 5/12 – National Bison Range with Mama, Daddy, and Grandma
- 5/14 – Blank Paper performance
- 5/16 – Jackie’s senior show
- 5/17 – Commencement. Work backstage, then change lights over to Ballet Arts Academy recital.
- 5/18 – Ballet Arts Academy recital
- 5/23 – Liz, Tommy, and Debo move to Oregon
- 5/24-25 – Backcountry ski trip to Carlton Ridge with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw
- 5/26 – Jessie and Adam have baby Kaia!
- 5/27 – First day of summer work study
- 5/31 – Fly to Portland. Disc golf with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw. Spend night with Megan and Chadler.
- 6/1 – Disc golf with Daryl, Johnny, and Grand Paw
- 6/2 – Come down with a 24-hour flu bug
- 6/3 – Fly to Missoula
- 6/6 – Hike up to top of Mt. Sentinel and watch para- and hang-gliders taking off
- 6/7 – Went to the Saturday Markets with Sydoney, then play with silks
- 6/11-17 – East Coast vacation!
- 6/12 – Emily and I head into the City. Wander Governor’s Island for a bit, then found ballet in the park after dessert-lunch at Max Brenner.
- 6/13 – Emily drops me off at Gabi and Bryan’s house. We drive to Delaware. Gab and I stay night at Lindsay’s Mom’s and stay up talking until 4am.
- 6/14 – Josh and Lindsay’s wedding!
- 6/15 – Run lights for Kathryn Barnett School Of Dance recital
- 6/16 – Gab and I go to Sea Bright Beach for the day
- 6/17 – Fly back to Missoula
- 6/20 – Drive to Portland
- 6/22 – Backcountry ski trip to Mt. Hood with Daryl. Ski from just below crater all the way back to Sue Ann.
- 6/23 – Drive to Missoula
- 6/27 – 27th Birthday! Disc golf with Nick, Conner, Lori, Mike, Ike, Fisher, Ozzy, and Tucker.
- 7/3-5 – Kreis Pond with Daryl, Nick, Mike, Saville, Fisher, Ike, and Elsie
- 7/10 – Drive to Portland
- 7/12 – Visit Aunt Karen and Uncle Larry in Roseburg with Daryl, Mama, and Daddy
- 7/13 – Daryl and I lackadaisically drive back to Portland with a stop at McMenamins Hotel Oregon in McMinnville
- 7/15 – Daryl rents a Cessna and flies me home to Missoula!
- 7/18 – Fly to Boulder
- 7/19-8/1 – Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- 7/27 – Tech rehearsal for the workshop shows. 3 hours of dance and 3 hours focusing lights!
- 8/1 – Workshop show
- 8/2 – Wander downtown Boulder during the afternoon before the Interweave Dance Theatre show
- 8/4 – Fly to Portland
- 8/6 – Christopher and Amy having Daryl and I over for dinner. Yum!
- 8/7 – Weekday date night at Laurelhurst Theater to see The Grand Budapest Hotel
- 8/10 – Kelly Point Park at sunset with Daryl
- 8/11 – I got to spend the day babysitting Henry. I love babies!
- 8/15 – Camp at Hidden Lake for festivities
- 8/16 – Christopher and Amy’s wedding!
- 8/18 – Kelly Point Park at sunset with Daryl
- 8/19 – Head to Astoria for the day
- 8/21 – Had lunch with Spencer and Tania at Lompoc. I miss those guys!
- 8/22 – Beers with Spencer, Tania, Daryl, and Sasha at Lompoc
- 8/23 – River City Roots Fest with Daryl and Nick
- 8/25 – First day of Fall semester
- 8/31 – DraughtWorks with Jessie, Adam, and baby Kaia
- Spent 6 of 7 days on campus
- I made a lot of soup
- On campus 30 of 30 days
- 10/7-18 – Cyrano de Bergerac
- 10/8 – Sue Ann rolls over 290,000 miles!
- 10/18 – Closing night!
- On campus 31 of 31 days
- 11/1 – Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Wilma with Clare and Kelly
- 11/4-8 – Dance Up Close
- 11/4 – Grotto Pub Night at Bayern
- 11/8 – Dinner with Emily, Emily’s Mom and Aunts, Arina, and Jackie
- 11/21-22 – Fall Studio Works
- 11/27 – Friendsgiving!
- 11/29 – Griz game with Daryl, Mike, and Nick. We won!
- On campus 25 of 30 days
- 12/5 – U/RTA Table – not the best in the room, but also not the worst!
- 12/10 – Clare’s Christmas Party!
- 12/13 – Mysterious White Out Party with Clare at the Top Hat
- 12/14 – Fly to Portland
- 12/16 – Weekday date night at the Roxy to see Wild
- 12/19 – Daryl’s last day of work!
- 12/20 – Dinner at Christopher and Amy’s new house
- 12/23 – Brunch at Tasty & Son’s. Drive to Astoria and get drinks with Tammy at Fort George.
- 12/24 – Go to beach with Daryl and see the highest tide ever
- 12/25 – Christmas at my parent’s. Daryl and I head to the beach, then we all see Unbroken.
- 12/26 – Go to the new brewery in Astoria, Buoy Brewing
- 12/29 – Ski at Meadows with Daryl
- 12/31 – 5th Annual Ski-N The New Year at Mt. St. Helens with Daryl
- On campus 9 of 12 days. 101 of 110 for the entire semester.
2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009