february 1, 2016
A winter wonderful on campus.
february 2, 2016
Sometimes you get booted from your rehearsal space and you have to use the cycling room and you’re so very thankful for your dancers.
february 3, 2016
february 4, 2016
Dress rehearsals for studio shows are my very favorite.
february 5, 2016
Origins of a Dance: an improv score.
[photo by William Munoz]
february 6, 2016
Who runs the world? GIRLS.
[photo by William Munoz]
february 7, 2016
Missoula, you are pretty and help clear my head when I’m annoyed at light hang.
january 4, 2016
So many classes, so little money.
january 5, 2016
PDX carpet socks and my first pair of new sneakers in nearly four years.
january 6, 2016
Two weeks back in Oregon and my curl has begun to return.
january 7, 2016
We went out with Christopher, Amy, and Henry tonight. He’s such a cutie!
january 8, 2016
My favorite packing list.
january 9, 2016
You said it, stop sign.
january 10, 2016
Happy Seventh Anniversary to this wonderful man. I’m thankful for every single day.
- 1/1 – 5th Annual Ski-N The New Year at Mt. St. Helens
- 1/3 – The Greaser-McDaniel Clan got together for the very first time since all the kids were born. We spent the afternoon at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, then ate pizza and camped out at Daryl’s house. I’m so thankful for my family.
- 1/9-10 – 6th anniversary trip to Sharkey and Gold Bug hot springs
- 1/10 – Daryl asks me to be his wife!
- 1/11 – Ski Lost Trail with Daryl and Nick
- 1/15 – Guest Artist rehearsals with Stevie Teran
- 1/19 – MLK Jr day ski at Lost Trail
- 1/26 – First day of spring semester
[photo by William Muñoz]
- 2/6-7 – ACDA Benefit Concert. Perform “You Can’t Even Imagine How Many Toes I’ve Touched” and “Paradise”.
[photo by William Muñoz]
- 3/1 – I picked my phone up after putting lotion on and it went flying out of my hand. The screen was completely smashed. Marley tape to the rescue!
- 3/3-7 – Dance New Works. Choreograph “Sassafrass”, perform “Impending Disturbance: Unpredictable Predictability” and “Vibe”.
- 3/4 – Cat sit Pooka and Katniss while Clare sees Neil DeGrasse Tyson. So jealous, but at least I got kitty snuggles.
- 3/16-22 – American College Dance Festival Northwest Regional Conference at the University of Northern Colorado
- 3/16 – Karen drives my car with Emily, Arina, and Jessie while Heidi drives the quarantine-mobile to Casper, WY. Jasmine and I sleep most of the way.
- 3/17 – Drive to Fort Collins, CO. Emily, Arina, Jessie, and I explore campus before the opening concert.
- 3/18 – Perform “Paradise”
- 3/20 – Emily, Haley, Charlie and I take an amazing ballet class with Marsha Knight. Ellie and Emily perform “Where We Left It” in Gala concert.
- 3/21 – I drive Emily, Arina, and Jessie to Billings
- 3/22 – Drive us home to Missoula
- 3/30-4/3 – Spring Break
- 3/30 – First day of Spring Break day date with my love
[photo by William Muñoz]
- 4/4 – Skiesta at Lost Trail with Daryl and Mike
- 4/5 – Start planting in the garden
- 4/9-10 – Informal Concert
- 4/16 – Disc golf at Blue Mountain with Daryl and Mike
- 4/22-25 – Dance In Concert. I designed lights for “Petipa Variations” and “Secondarily: Intersect”, run the fly rail for “Secondarily: Intersect”, and danced in “Paradise.”
- 4/24-26 – My parents come to visit!
- 4/30 – Daryl built us an amazing bike shed in the back yard
- 5/3 – Auditions for A Chorus Line
- 5/9 – Cookie baking date with Sydoney
- 5/10 – Theatre & Dance picnic. I got $2000 in scholarships!
- 5/15 – We Carry The Ocean Inside Us, Emily’s senior show at DDC
- 5/16 – Graduation party at Emily, Arina, and HanaSara’s. Six of my favorite ladies graduated and I of course cried.
- 5/17 – Designed lights for the Ballet Arts Academy recital
- 5/18-19 – Rhythmic Motion, Arina’s senior show at Headwaters
- 5/19 – Jackie visits!
- 5/23-25 – Memorial Weekend Ski at Shmerker’s Folly
- 5/29-6/2 – Papoose caving trip with Daryl and Brian
- 5/30 – Cave hunting and morel finding
- 6/1 – Caving
- 6/4 – My forever love’s birthday!
- 6/12 – Drive from Missoula to Sprague, WA
- 6/13 – Drive to Portland
- 6/14 – Daryl and I take the waterfall tour through the Gorge
- 6/15 – We spend the evening at Kelley Point Park
- 6/16 – I go on an 8-mile hike at Multnomah Falls with Amy and Henry
- 6/17-22 – Eugene
- 6/17 – Daryl and I drive to Eugene
- 6/18 – Daryl, Kevin, Niki, Sawyer, Landon, and I spend the day at a lake. That night, I meet up with a long-time internet friend, Monica.
- 6/19 – Daryl, Kevin, Niki, and I go on a bike double date
- 6/22 – Daryl and I drive to Mt. Hood
- 6/23 – We ski to Cooper Spur on Mt. Hood
- 6/26 – I drive to Astoria for the day. My favorite silly small town. Liz drives from Medford to Portland for the weekend.
- 6/27 – My 28th birthday! Breakfast at Grain & Gristle, wedding dress shopping, then a bbq at Kelley Point Park.
- 6/28 – Daryl, Liz, and I continue birthday celebrations with a brunch fit for royalty at Tasty N Sons. Liz heads back to Medford and Daryl and I drive to Kennewick.
- 6/29 – Daryl and I drive to Missoula. Saville and the kids are in town, so the house is full of family.
[photo by digabyte.com]
- 7/2-5 – 4th of July at Kreis Pond with Daryl, Mike, Saville, Fisher, Ike, Elsie, Simon, Max, Nick, Rita, Ozzy, Jessie, Adam, Kaia, Erin, and Rob
- 7/6 – Finally get my phone screen fixed
- 7/16 – Drive to Wyoming. First solo camping night!
- 7/17 – Drive to Boulder, CO
- 7/18-8/2 – Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop
- 7/19 – Less than two weeks after getting it fixed, I smash my phone screen again
- 7/25 – Spend the afternoon being both my majors at tech
- 7/31 – BJDW Student Concert
- 8/2 – Sue Ann rolls over 300,000 miles! Drive from Boulder to Dinosaur National Monument.
- 8/3 – On my way through Salt Lake City, I stop by and meet Stacy. We’ve been online friends for 12+ years and I’m so happy we got to spend a couple hours together. I drive to Pocatello and camp on a mountain.
- 8/9 – Daryl and I meet Brian at Benchmark
- 8/10-22 – Scapegoat 2015: Little Nibblers Edition
- 8/10 – Hike to the tarn and camp
- 8/11 – Move to cave camp
- 8/13 – Follow leads
- 8/15 – Make the very first thru trip – in Green Fork Falls Cave and out Kathy’s Icebox!
- 8/19 – Spend the day hiking around the Plateau
- 8/20 – We were gifted a bottle of Crown Royal from a packer we met the previous week. We drink it with some of Kathy’s Ice.
- 8/21 – Hike out to the cabin and camp
- 8/22 – Hike out and head back to Missoula
- 8/28 – Modern placement class. Date night! Cafe Dolce and Big Dipper Ice Cream.
- 8/31 – First day of Junior year
- 9/26 – The cast of A Chorus Line and Treasure Island danced and pirated our way through the Homecoming parade today. We won the Governor’s Award!
- I made a lot of soup
[photo by Terry Cyr]
- 10/3 – Headwater’s Last Hurrah. I’m so thankful I was able to see this show. Amy changed dance in Missoula and is such an important person in our lineage as dancers here. It was beautiful to see the support she received for her final concert.
- 10/11 – Skype date with Emily, Arina, and Jessie!
- 10/21-31 – A Chorus Line
- 10/23-25 – My parents and Grandma visit
- 11/5 – First snow of the season
- 11/14 – 11 1/2 hour focus for Treasure Island. I ended the day with a heart full of love for what I do.
- 11/20 – Fall Studio Works. Perform “Origins Of A Dance” and help backstage.
- 11/21 – HanaSara’s going away party at Clare’s. I love her dearly and wish Tokyo weren’t so very far away.
- 11/25-29 – Thanksgiving Break
- 11/26 – Thanksgiving. I made three pies for myself, Daryl, and Mike. They were delicious.
- 11/28 – Griz playoff game with Daryl, Mike, and Liz. We won! Go Griz!
- 12/4-12 – Dance Up Close. I was costume run crew for the first half, performed “her life had been”, then switched back to run crew mode until after midnight when laundry was done.
- 12/18 – Last day of the semester. Daryl drives to town!
- 12/19 – Ski at Lookout with Daryl and Liz. Beautiful, great first day of the skison!
- 12/20 – Ski at Lost Trail with Daryl, Mike, and Liz. Pow pow!
- 12/21 – Daryl and I head toward Portland from Missoula. We got stopped at the pass before we left Montana and sat for three hours waiting on a wreck. Between Ritzville and Kennewick the Outback started acting up. We stop driving at 5:30am.
- 12/22 – Limp the Outback from Kennewick to Portland. It took us 27 hours to make an 8 hour drive.
- 12/25 – We spend Christmas evening in Astoria with my parents. I love my family.
- 12/26 – For Fisher’s 11th birthday, Mike, Daryl, and I took him snow camping for the first time!
- 12/27 – After a great snow kitchen breakfast, we build a sweet snow cave. I haven’t seen a kid as excited as him for such a long time.
- 12/30 – We went to happy hour with some friends from D’s work, played trivia, and ate tacos
- 12/31 – New Years Eve date night! Dinner at Zeus’s Cafe then Blind Pilot at the Crystal Ballroom!
2014 • 2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009
july 27, 2015
There are bunnies EVERYWHERE in Boulder!
july 28, 2015
Yup, definitely my new favorite pair of socks.
july 29, 2015
july 30, 2015
One day I won’t be injured…
july 31, 2015
The 2015 Boulder Jazz Dance Workshop Student Performance cast!
august 1, 2015
Last year we forgot to get a picture together, so we made a point to get one this year. I’m thankful BJDW brings together friends from past lives.
august 2, 2015
Sue Ann, my 1991 Subaru Legacy, rolled over 300,000 miles today! I was brought home from the hospital in a Subaru and will be a Subaru girl for life.
july 20, 2015
I’ve been really good about taking a Vitamin C every morning with breakfast, but sometimes I take them with evening snacks instead.
july 21, 2015
OtterBox Alpha glass screen protector to the rescue.
july 22, 2015
Hump day of the first week of BJDW. Epsom salt bath to the rescue!
july 23, 2015
That’s my kind of ingredient list.
july 24, 2015
Post-Interweave Dance Theatre flash mob on Pearl St.
july 25, 2015
Doing my double major thing.
july 26, 2015
After tech this morning, I figured this was the best way to spend my afternoon. #dkwedding2016
july 13, 2015
So many brand new pairs of pointe shoes that I’ll probably never wear…
july 14, 2015
I had a $10 gift certificate to the Trail Head that I needed to use before I left. New socks for me!
july 15, 2015
Getting Sue Ann ready for our road trip!
july 16, 2015
Wyoming can be kind of pretty.
july 17, 2015
My first solo camping night is in the books!
july 18, 2015
I had planned on hiking a lot longer, but thunder, lighting, and pouring down rain had other plans.
july 19, 2015
Relaxing before the start of the workshop tomorrow.
may 11, 2015
Maggie is a silly pup.
may 12, 2015
Modern III/IV/Adv final!
may 13, 2015
I had a nine hour break between responsibilities today. It was glorious.
may 14, 2015
Got a trim today. My hair looks extra dark when it’s flat ironed.
may 15, 2015
I’m trying to wear my hair down more.
may 16, 2015
may 17, 2015
Oh hey, I’m in that show!