january 16, 2017
Getting as many snuggles as I can before I fly back to Missoula today.
january 17, 2017
Classy snack dinner in the midst of desk chaos.
january 18, 2017
Oh, I miss my little puppy so much.
january 19, 2017
The Ghostlight Project. I’m so thankful for the people I get to share these spaces with.
january 20, 2017
Shutterbean breakfast, ftw.
january 21, 2017
I’m not often on campus early enough to see the sunrise.
january 22, 2017
The Great Pre-Semester Cooking Binge is over. Two bags of chili, two bags of broccoli cheddar soup, four bags of chicken soup, seven servings of pasta bake, oatmeal breakfast bars, and four servings of sausage lentil kale soup.
january 9, 2017
Dangerously stoked with Chadler on Mt. St. Helens.
january 10, 2017
Here’s to the last eight years and the next forever, my love.
january 11, 2017
We skied a dormant volcano in the middle of Portland today.
january 12, 2017
Anniversary dinner at Pok Pok.
january 13, 2017
A bunch of Vortex monkeys at Fort George.
january 14, 2017
My favorite beach with my favorite man and my favorite puppy.
january 15, 2017
Daryl slaying gnar on Coxcomb Hill at the Astoria Column.
january 2, 2017
A quick play-in-the-snow break before finishing the drive to Portland.
january 3, 2017
We’re still getting the hang of walking with the leash.
january 4, 2017
I took a nap on the couch and woke up to this little boy coming to snuggle.
january 5, 2017
Coffee and Beyonce are powering my paper today.
january 6, 2017
Adventures in airbnb baking.
january 7, 2017
Brunch at City State Diner. I got The Best Of Both Worlds – biscuits and gravy AND eggs Benedict. My favorites!
january 8, 2017
I’ve only played trivia one other time: last January, at a different bar in Portland, with these same ladies!
- 1/1 – Kevin, Niki, Sawyer, Landon, Mike, Fisher, Ike, Elsie, and I spent the day at the beach. I’m so thankful for this family.
- 1/2 – Family day at the Oregon Zoo!
- 1/10 – Seven year anniversary. Daryl and I hike Saddle Mountain and catch the sunset on the ocean from the summit.
- 1/11 – 2_liners get together with Molly, Steph, and Brittany. I’m glad that years later 2_liner meet ups still happen.
- 1/14 – Tammy, Gerhett, Daryl, and I saw DeVotchka tonight!
- 1/15 – Daryl and I snagged very last minute tickets (and among the very last seats together in the theatre!) for The Moth Grandslam. It was so good!
- 1/16 – Slay pow with Chadler at Stevens Pass!
- 1/17 – Fly home to Missoula
- 1/21 – Had a tooth pulled. Friends brought me pints of ice cream and bottles of beer.
- 1/23 – Dance Club Ski Trip to Lost Trail!
- 1/25 – First day of school
[photo by William Munoz]
- 2/5-6 – ACDA Benefit Concert
- 2/20 – Clare left for NYC
[photo by Terry Cyr]
- 3/8-12 – ACDA at the University of Wyoming Laramie
- 3/23-26 – Dance In Concert
- We sell Jamie and buy a 2007 Subaru Outback
[photo by William Munoz]
- 4/4-8 – Spring Break
- 4/9-10 – Shmerk’s with Daryl, Mike, and Liz
- 4/23 – Daryl heads to Sacramento
- 4/26-30 – Dance New Works
- 4/28-30 – My parents visit Missoula
- 5/1 – Dracula auditions
- 5/13 – Last day of the school year. Lil’ Smokies at the Wilma with Rob, Nola, and Mike.
- 5/18-20 – Yakima to visit my Granny and Grandpa with my Dad
- 5/20 – Lunch with Sydoney on my way back to Missoula. I miss her.
- 5/23 – Fly to Sacramento. And kisses!
- 5/25 – Daryl and I drive to Lake Tahoe for the day
- 5/28 – In typical California driver fashion, an uninsured driver with expired tags ran a red light and totaled our shiny new car. I got to ride in an ambulance for the first time and am thankfully taken to the hospital where Daryl worked.
- 5/30 – Daryl and I go to his high school best friend’s house for delicious bbq. I am nursed by two pups and beer.
- 6/4 – My sweet love’s birthday
- 6/5 – We drive up to Donner Pass and do as much hiking as my busted foot will let us.
- 6/11-12 – We summit Lassen Peak in Lassen Volcanic National Park then yo-yoed our way down as I hiked and Daryl skied.
- 6/18-19 – We visit Yosemite National Park with the Obamas
- 6/22 – Day trip to Lake Tahoe
- 6/25 – Birthday month date night
- 6/27 – My 29th birthday
- 6/28 – We ski on Eagle Peak at Lassen Volcanic National Park
- 7/5 – We head back to Lassen Volcanic National Park and ski Helen Peak
- 7/9-10 – San Fransisco for the weekend! We are mega tourists and have a blast. And we end the weekend with hugs from Arina!
- 7/14 – We spend the evening at the South Yuba River
- 7/16 – Non Wedding Day Date Night
- 7/19 – Spend the day in Yosemite climbing on Half Dome
- 7/22 – I take a solo trip to San Fransisco and spend the whole day with Arina. My heart was very full.
- 7/24 – Spend another (very hot) day at the South Yuba River
- 7/28-31 – Seattle! Daryl and I fly on our very first plane together that he is not piloting.
- 7/29 – Becky and Scott’s wedding with Daryl and my parents!
- 7/30-31 – We visit Saville and the kids in Bremerton
- 7/31 – Daryl and I fly home to Missoula
- 8/6-7 – Mikey Birthday Float Trip with Daryl, Sarah, Rob, and Mike
- 8/10 – Blind Pilot & Brandi Carlile at Big Sky Brewery with Daryl, Rob, and Nola
- 8/13-14 – Daryl and I hike into Boulder Lake. I fall more in love with him with every step we take.
- 8/15 – Daryl flies back to Sacramento
- 8/27 – River City Roots Fest!
- 8/29 – First day of Senior Year!
- 9/7 – Clare came to town and we spend hours talking. My heart misses her.
- 9/16 – Spencer and Tania visit Missoula!
- 9/22-25 – Eugene
- 9/24 – Liz and Tommy’s wedding! I got to walk Debo down the aisle.
- 9/25 – Daryl and I visit Niki and the kids before I fly back to Missoula
- 10/1 – Homecoming parade (in the rain)
- 10/7-9 – Dancer’s On Location
- 10/19-23 – Opening week of Dracula
- 10/22 – Tammy and Gerhett are in town for the night on the way back from Canada. We talk about Hamilton for at least an hour. =D
- 10/26-31 – Closing week of Dracula
- 10/29-31 – Daryl surprised me for the weekend!
- Daryl buys Sierra, our new 4Runner
- 11/18 – Daryl gets home from Sacramento!
- 11/19 – We adopt Riley! So thankful for the couple that rescued him and the brewery that helped us find him!
- 11/24 – Friendsgiving with Daryl, Mike, Rob, Nola, Liz, Sarah, and Riley
- 11/25-26 – Rob, Nola, Mike, Sarah, Daryl, Riley, and I head up to Rob’s cabin in Philipsburg. Such a great weekend!
[photo by Abi at This Is Soul]
- 12/2-3 – Dance Up Close
- 12/5 – Today I have lived in Missoula longer (consecutively) than I’ve lived anywhere else! I can’t really believe I’ve been here longer than I lived in Virginia.
- 12/9-10 – Dance Up Close
- 12/12 – Last day of the semester
- 12/16 – Daryl and I backcountry ski at Lolo Pass
- 12/21 – Daryl and I finally get engagement photos! They all turned out so well!
- 12/25 – Christmas Day skiing at Lost Trail
- 12/26 – Riley’s first backcountry ski trip at Deep Creek. He did so well!
- 12/28 – Daryl, Mike, Fisher, and I go skiing at Lost Trail
- 12/30 – Daryl and I go backcountry skiing at University Mountain
january 1, 2017
Starting the year off right with a delicious breakfast hash made of leftover potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, and steak.
And so beings my ninth year of taking a photo every single day!
december 26, 2016
Backcountry skiing in Missoula’s backyard.
december 27, 2016
Silly little spatchcock deg.
december 28, 2016
Today Daryl, Mike, and I took Fisher skiing at Lost Trail!
december 29, 2016
The death-cicles are getting pretty extreme right now.
december 30, 2016
Backcountry skiing on University Mountain. So beautiful!
december 31, 2016
New Years Eve brunch at the Old Post. Yum!
december 19, 2016
Riley is a smart little boy and keeps me company next to the heater.
december 20, 2016
Scouting our Christmas tree.
december 21, 2016
Post-engagement photo drinks at Great Burn.
december 22, 2016
Well this Nylabone didn’t last very long.
december 23, 2016
I love our little Christmas tree.
december 24, 2016
december 25, 2016
Christmas skiing with my sweet love at Lost Trail.